Mar 9, 2009

The Things We Do for Our Kids

One of the few good things about apartment living:


This is the view from our balcony/porch. Not too shabby. Now that I've had some time to digest that we actually sold our house and moved into an apartment, cutting our living space in half, so that I could stay home with Scarlett, I am very thankful. Thankful we were able to swallow our pride and make the move, thankful to God for making it all work out, and thankful that we have a roof over our heads at all!

But...

Lugging a baby and groceries up three flights of stairs is downright obnoxious! I also hate not having a backyard, hate the parking situation, and hate the small living space.

But it's not about me right now.


Scarlett has no clue where we're living and loves just being at home with her mamma! She loves going for walks around the pretty pond and she loves her big room. (Ok, I love her big room). She also enjoys the porch quite a bit now that I've gotten brave enough to take her out there and let her walk around.








Don't worry, Pappa was up there with her!


And yes people,
I will have a killer tan this summer!

6 comments:

  1. so jealous of the killer tan that's in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've quickly learned after having Will, that life is no longer about you and your hubby and you'll sacrifice anything to give them everything; even if that means smaller living space. Trust me, we are there too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should definitely get the kids together when you come to OKC. Will can take Scarlett for a cruise, they'd look precious driving together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys will have a blast at the pool this summer. I plan to take full advantage of our neighborhood pool this summer!
    Finger foods are great at times but I feel like I'm always cutting!! Sometimes grabbing a jar of baby food is just so easy! He snuck off into the utility room and was playing in Lucy's dog food tonight and I found two pieces of it in his mouth!! Luckily he wasn't in there long enough to swallow any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to come help you work on that killer tan this summer!!! That's one thing I miss about apartment living, the free pool. Oh and another good thing is that you just call the office to get anything fixed and you don't pay for it!!!! So there's another positive for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlett is getting cuter and cuter, Michelle! Her head looks great too, so all the hassle with the helmets was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete