Oct 4, 2008

Bittersweet Good-bye

Yesterday we handed over the keys to the house Chris and I had built three years ago. We experienced so many memories within those walls. It was in that house that I mourned the loss of my first pregnancy and rejoiced from the news that I was pregnant again with my sweet Scarlett. It was in that house that I spent many long hours working on my Master's degree. We left behind Scarlett's first precious nursery, and I'm saddened that she won't even remember it. We left behind our big backyard and our little hummingbird feeder. A house becomes apart of you and your family, and the thought of a stranger moving is hard to stomach.

But at the same time, it's just a house -a building- and we will soon have another one to make new memories in. A few months ago, Chris and I decided to put our house up for sale for several reasons. Chris is working on his Master's degree in school administration, and we had planned on moving in a few years in order to be close to wherever he gets an administrative position. But since I'm not working full time right now in order to stay home with Scarlett, we decided to go ahead and try to sell it now. We were certain it would take at least 6 months, maybe even a year to sell. So when we received two really good offers back to back after only three weeks, we were a little dumbfounded. Since Chris doesn't finish until next summer, we're still not sure where we need to live permanently. Although we'll probably be somewhere near where we live now, we haven't given up on the idea of moving back to Oklahoma. While we're waiting to see what happens with Chris's career and while I'm staying home with Scarlett, we decided it would be best to rent for awhile.

So we're now all moved in to our cozy little apartment....that happens to be on the THIRD FLOOR. Crazy, right?! Moving was a mess and moving from a house to an apartment is not exactly the easiest task to accomplish considering the loss of space. Throw a 5 1/2 month old into the mix and you've got a perfect recipe for stress and chaos. Things are calming down now, and we're slowly getting boxes unpacked. I know without a doubt that this is God's plan for our lives right now. While I'm so thankful He is taking care of us as always and that he answered our prayers, I can't help but be a little sad that new people are now living in what I will always consider to be MY house.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I'm impressed that your home sold so fast (but it does look super cute!). I'm glad to hear that you're getting settled and it sounds like you're doing what's best for your family! Sometimes that's not the easiest thing to do!!!

    ReplyDelete