Oct 5, 2009

The Show Must Go On

Last week was the absolute pits. I was sick with an upper respiratory infection (nope, not the swine flu), and I felt horrible. This is the worst I've felt since I've had Scarlett I think, and her little 17 month old mind just didn't understand why mommy was laying around for days.

The first day, she liked laying on the couch with me to watch her shows while I snoozed on and off, but that didn't really last long. Luckily Chris stayed home from work two mornings, but when it was just me and Scarlett, it was really hard! I remember back in the day when a "sick day" from work meant sleeping on the couch and watching movies for hours and hours. Well, those days are LONG over to say the least!

I had to make myself get up (pounding head, throbbing ears, burning chest, sore throat and all) to play with little miss. When she would actually play alone in her room, I would go peek in on her to find a complete mess. Drawers emptied, toys everywhere, and clothes pulled off of hangers. She was rebelling I think! It was so sad when she would literally try to pull me up off the couch. She would cry and plead, "Outside!" (Because that's all she wants to do these days.)

Well, thankfully I'm feeling so much better now, and things are getting back to normal. Here's two pictures I was able to get of her during the rebellion!

Everything came out so she could go in...


I found her just standing in front of the mirror like this...perhaps she would like to be a ghost for Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously laughed out loud when i saw her with the blanket over her head!!! too funny

    ReplyDelete