Sep 24, 2008

STRESS!

Stressed out is my middle name this week. I've been sick, Scarlett has a runny nose, we're moving Saturday (I'll explain in another post), and with seeing Chris less as he comes home just as I leave for work most evenings, it's just a tad bit crazy around our house. And today we had to get up early so that we could be at our appointment this morning for Scarlett's helmet/doc band fitting.

After fighting lovely Dallas traffic, we arrived 7 minutes late. The helmet fitting process is very quick. They placed this little stocking mask over her face that looks like pantyhose (you know like when you see a scary movie with a burglar wearing them over his face as a disguise?!). She did cry during this, but I think it was mainly because she has started this thing about seeing strangers. If a face is unfamiliar to her, she juts out that bottom lip and tears soon follow. Anyway, they took pictures of her with special equipment that produces 3-D images of her head so that they can make a helmet just for her. The helmet takes 2 weeks to make so she will have it soon. Oh, and the insurance has denied coverage, and we can appeal, but quite frankly, I don't know if I have the time or the energy to fight them anymore. Plus our policy states that they do not provide coverage for banding unless it's post operative...but that's all another story.

Anyway, we then came home to our tornado of a house, and I had to work on packing. Later this afternoon Scarlett was getting very bored with watching me pack so we went outside in the shade on a blanket. She loves it outside. It makes her very calm and relaxed. She was laughing and babbling and very interested in grabbing handfuls of grass. It's the wonderful moments like this with her that makes it all worth it. Ten years from now, I won't remember the stress or the messy house or the exhaustion as much as I'll remember just being with her and watching her grow. Ok, so I'll probably never forget how tired I am, but you get my point! : ) Here's Scarlett enjoying the shade!





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful girl! I love the outside pics. Also this helmet thing will be fleeting- look how fast they are growing! Before you know it she'll be out of the helmet and it'll just be a memory as well!
    Love you! Let me know if you need me to watch Scarlett so you can pack!!!
    aub

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to come over and help you pack! Before we bought the house we changed apartments EVERY year so I'm an expert packer! ;-) I'm free this weekend so just call. 9)822-8119

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SWEET! I just want to grab her and kiss her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh.. I can't wait to see her again! She is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so happy! I'm glad that the appointment went well! We still have a couple more weeks to decide if we need to go take Dawson but have see huge improvements! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!! she looks so happy!! good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! She is really growing. Please let me know how I can help. Chris mentioned something to Scott about painting Scarlett's name on her helmet. I would be more than happy to do that for y'all....of course only if you want. ;-) Many hugs for you two!!! ye

    ReplyDelete