Mar 2, 2011

Th...Th....Th...oh I can't even say it!

Oh my goodness; I cannot believe I am now 30 years old. Just saying, thirty, makes me cringe. I've felt like such a grown up for awhile now so I really liked being able to say I was still in my "twenties."  Everyone says I'll love my thirties, but they just don't get it! I just don't want to say good-bye to my twenties. I just don't want to be thirty. I can't imagine even telling someone that I'm thirty! It sounds so old.  Monday was a day of mourning and feeling pitiful for myself.

Thanks to my family though, it was very nice. This weekend we went to my parents' so they could watch Scarlettt while me and Chris went out alone. That in itself is a great birthday gift! My parents spoiled all of us as always all weekend. 

Chris got me this cake:

The story behind it is really sweet.  When I picked up Scarlett at preschool the other day, one of her teachers said she had been asking Scarlett that day which of the princesses is her favorite.  She said Scarlett didn't really seem to know which one to say, so she asked Scarlett if Cinderella is her favorite.  Scarlett thought and replied, "Well, my mommy is my favorite princess!" So Chris got the cake for that reason. I can't wait to remind Scarlett of that little story when she's 16, slamming doors in my face, and sneaking out of her bedroom window!

On Monday, which was my actual birthday, my sister and London and Lily, came over and surprised me bright and early. This is a big deal for my sister because her kiddos actually sleep in pretty good.  I threw on some clothes, and they took me and Scarlett out for breakfast. It was a very sweet surprise!! Thank you so much girls!



1 comment:

  1. Happy 30th Birthday! I'm not looking forward to that day next year. For now...I'm still in my twenties! ;)

    ReplyDelete