Dec 17, 2010

Santa Clause

I cannot believe this will be Scarlett's third Christmas! This year she is very much aware who Santa is. We had planned to go see him with a big entourage, us, my sister's family, and my parents last weekend. We waited in line for an hour, and by the time it was finally our turn, Scarlett was not having it. She cried and cried and told me, "I don't want to!" So we didn't make her sit on his lap. My sister was very annoyed by this, and thought we should have just thrown her on his lap for a quick pic, but I just couldn't make her when she was that upset. It wasn't a huge deal to me, so I was just going to foret about it this year.

Then all week she started up about Santa again saying she wanted to "try again" and she said, "I not cry anymore!" So when we were at the mall last night with just me, her and Chris, and I saw the Santa exhibit, I told her he was there. We had just ate dinner so she was full and hyper, and she very excitedly said she was ready to see him.

And to my great surprise, she was! There was only one little boy in front of us, and he was crying a little bit so Scarlett started singing to him, "Oh, you better watch out! You better not cry!" I swear I'm not making that up.

She kept asking, "Can I sit on his lap now?" I really couldn't belive it! She walked up to him, and told him she wanted a choo-choo train, and she pointed to us and said, "That's my mom!" and "That's my dad!" She asked him if he was going to bring her toys. She sat on his lap easily and hugged him good-bye. Afterwards she kept saying, "But he didn't say Ho, Ho, Ho!?" That really threw her off.

So I hope my sister is happy because we do have a picture this year after all.





Last year she didn't cry until she realized she was on his lap and I was walking off.



And the first year. Ignorance is bliss!



And my favorite "Santa" picuture of all. I could just cry! They just aren't babies for very long. 

1 comment: