Dec 29, 2010

Blurry

Christmas has come and gone, and it was all in a way, a big giant blur. And I'm exhausted.

It all began for us on the morning of the 22nd when Santa visited our house. He came early of course, because he knew we were about to travel all over the state of Oklahoma. Scarlett was none the wiser. She was just thrilled Santa came and brought her a choo-choo train and ate his cookies and drank his milk. Her mother, on the other hand, is not negotiating where she spends Christmas morning next year. We will be home. At our house. And that's that.



I did not take very many pictures. I have a point and shoot. See, you don't blame me, do you?  Santa did not bring me an SLR. He says when I go back to work full time, I can have all the cameras, and clothes, and Uggs I want.  But until then, I just get the to delight in the fact that I get to be home with my daughter.  Um, thanks Santa.

First we ventured 4 hours away to my husband's little old home town, Spiro. Then on Christmas morning we drove another 3 hours to my little old home town.  And I realized there, that my sister and I were watching our babies open presents and stockings in the same house we opened presents and stockings growing up.





And two days later we drove another 3 1/2 hours back home. Now we are facing endless laundry and boxes and boxes of toys that need to be taken out of impossible packaging and put together.

Christmas was wonderful. My heart is full. And I'm very, very tired.

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment