Oct 18, 2010

Getting Ready for Halloween

Scarlett is getting more into Halloween this year.  Last year, she went trick-or-treating for the first time, but had no clue what was going on.  I let her have one sucker then threw the rest of the candy away, and she had no idea. I'm sure that won't be the case this time around.  She's very into asking what everyone is going to be for Halloween this year and she loves noticing all the pumpkins and decorations that are out.  They're going to paint pumpkins in preschool this week too which I'm sure she'll love.

This year she is going to be a cowgirl! We got her some real live pink cowboy boots from the western store, a pink hat, and a little western skirt ensemble. She originally said she wanted to be a princess, but I figured she has plenty of time for that, and that this might the last year I can fully control her costume. She wears the new boots all day around the house so I think it was a great idea.  I figured she would continue to wear it all for dress-up even after Halloween too which helped me justify the cost of it all!

Here's some digital scrapbook pages I just finished of her first two years.




And a small sneak peak I took with my phone of her in 1/2 of the costume for this year....she would NOT sit still... I think it will be a fun Halloween!

1 comment: