Apr 19, 2010

Poo Poo Scawy!

Tacky title maybe, but it sure is funny when Scarlett says it! Today is definitely a day for the record books. Potty training is going pretty smoothly so far, and Scarlett had no accidents all day!  And she actually told me every time when she needed to go. Before today she was doing a good job going #1 in the potty. No big deal anymore with that, but she refused to go #2. She would hold it until I put a diaper on her at naptime or would just go in her “big girl underwear.” When she does do that in her “big girl underwear” she gets very upset even though I don’t scold her. I just try to tell her where that is actually supposed to go, but she gets so upset and says, “Mommy, poo poo scawy!!” I kept thinking oh great, my daughter is afraid of poo! How will I ever get her to go in the toilet!


Well, yesterday we transitioned from the potty chair to just using the ring on the actual toilet. She seemed fine with that change. Today, she actually told me she needed to go #2, and she went in the toilet! She was almost in tears though, and she kept saying, “Poo poo not scawy” the whole time she was going as if to reassure herself.  I had to hold her hands too, but hey, she went! She also surprised me several more times today. When we came home from grocery shopping, her pull-up was still dry, and she woke up with a dry pull-up after naptime. Way to go baby girl! I can’t wait to quit buying diapers, but I am most looking forward to not changing dirty diapers anymore! Whoo Hoo! At least we're on the right track...

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. Way to go Scarlett! Once they figure it out it's pretty easy. Sounds like she is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete