Apr 14, 2010

Birthday Bash

Scarlett turned two on Friday, April 9, and her party was on Sunday. On Saturday most all of our family were already in town so we had a cook-out at my sister's house. It is so funny to watch the three girls play. They are wild! There's lots of high pitched squeals and running around. We were all having dessert and the next thing I knew, Scarlett was opening her presents! One turned into two and so on until I just let her open everything from my parents. She is really good at ripping off the paper now!



The next day we had the actual party at a nearby park. It was a gorgeous day and a beautiful location. We rented a clubhouse that overlooked the park and a pond. Scarlett's favorite thing to do is go to the park, and her favorite thing to eat is pizza, so that's what we did, and that's what we ate! This is the invitation I made and sent out; I chose a barnyard theme because Scarlett loves to sing "E-I-E-I-O" and loves to look at farm animals in her books. 


As you can see, Scarlett got her little hands on the cake when we were decorating the clubhouse. She just couldn't stand it! I had the baker make a bandanna and cow print cake to go with the theme. They did a great job I think! It was also delicious! Money well spent....man, cakes are not cheap.


Here you can get a good look at the clubhouse view; it was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better day.


And here's my precious birthday girl on her big day. These have been the most wonderful two years of my life.



Grandmas!
Grandpas!

GG! (my grandma)

Sisters!

Cousins!


I guess it was too hectic for the three of us to take a family photo so here's a really cute one of my sister's family instead! 

I let Scarlett drink a Dr. Pepper with her pizza (she still keeps asking for more "Pepper") and at one point, she took a big gulp of it and declared, "I love it!" We all laughed; she's a pretty funny little girl.


Time for cake!

Listening...

Blowing...

Clapping...

Thinking...

Going for it!


Time for presents! All the kids were very interested in this part!



And then Scarlett opened some cars from my sister's family, and it was over! She just wanted to play with those!


Then at the park's playground...what better time to practice the big kid swing than at your 2nd birthday party?


We had such a fun day celebrating your birthday Scarlett! You are such a joy. We love you very much!  Happy Birthday!


My sister took the majority of these photos; thanks Auntie!

3 comments:

  1. What a little cutie pie! Happy Birthday Scarlett! I love her little birthday outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Scarlett had a great 2nd birthday!! She's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last black and white picture! Happy Birthday Scarlett! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete