Mar 24, 2010

Ode to Aub & Alli

In graduate school I was lucky enough to meet a life long friend, Aubrey. We paired up together on an assignment in one of our classes and became fast friends. Aubrey is a genuine friend, easy to talk to, fun to be around, and is always up for anything. After we met, she helped me get a school library job at the district where she was working. We share a lot in common too. Besides being in the same profession and sharing similar interests, we've also endured similar life experiences. Little did we know, we were about to share even more in common. I remember she was one of the very first people I called up to tell I was pregnant, days after getting a positive test, and during that phone call, she confessed she thought she might be pregnant too! We then began another journey together, pregnancy and the birth of our first children. How comforting it was to have a friend to experience pregnancy with! We really helped each other through those 10 months, asking each other questions, helping each other with worries, and even complaining to each other about how awful we felt!


It would only make sense that we were both pregnant with little girls too. And best of all, the girls were born one day apart. We both decided to put our school library careers on hold to stay home while exploring alternative career options. I'm so glad to have her as a friend, and I really hope Allison and Scarlett become great friends too. I really don't think they have a choice!


And here they were together just the other week when we meet to play and eat lunch. They did so good together, Allison shared her beloved Puppy and Scarlett shared her beloved food. So sweet!
We love you Aubrey and Allison!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute. What a great friend, and what a great story to tell your girls when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Ashley said! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, ditto from me too :) that's really freakin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I just saw this and it made me cry! Thanks Michelle, you're an awesome friend and mommy, thanks so much for the post it made my day!
    Love you and Scarlett too!

    ReplyDelete