Jan 9, 2009

9 Months Old











Another month has flown by, and it seems Scarlett starts doing new things every day.

This week she began clapping! She loves to clap and watch other people clap.We clap when she finishes eating, we clap after putting on her clothes, we clap after putting on her helmet, everything is a reason to clap these days!

Scarlett also began waving about a week ago. Yesterday she was waving to everyone at the grocery store.Scarlett says mamma quite a bit now. She actually threw up (like real people throw up, so gross, all over me and her) for the first time the other night and while Chris was going to get a wash cloth, I rocked her and she just laid her little head on my shoulder and said mamma, mamma, mamma, over and over again in the most pitiful little voice you've ever heard.
She also pulls up now to a standing position. Yesterday she would NOT take her afternoon nap. She was mad and screaming, and I finally gave up and went to go get her. I was stunned to see her standing in her crib. I guess she got mad enough to pull up on her own!

At 9 months Scarlett is much needier for me than ever before. She is more aware of when I leave the room and when I'm not paying attention to her (like right now, she's watching me type from her bumbo chair and she is not happy). She often gets upset when I put her down, even if I'm still right there by her. It's amazing what you can get done with a 22 pound baby on your hip. The other day I reorganized the pantry while holding her, happy as she could be!

And finally, I have just quit breastfeeding. Today is actually the first day for me not to breastfeed at all, and it's very emotional. I've always heard that's it's harder on the mammas when breastfeeding ends, and I hope this is true for Scarlett's sake. Breastfeeding is the most challenging, tiring, difficult, and yet most wonderful thing I've ever done. But I won't miss pumping at work and those sharp little baby teeth....

Happy 9 months Miss Scarlett!

7 comments:

  1. I love the pics of her clapping! So sweet! Can't wait to see her today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 months! I love the one of her in her diaper!!! I just love little bodies. She is so darn cute! Hope you are well. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a happy little girl, clapping and waving all the time! And I'm impressed that you can do so much while holding a 22 pound baby- that's what my little shrimp weighs too (or did at 18 months!) but I'm finding it harder and harder to pick her up! Might be the ever growing belly though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    I catch your blog thru Brooke's page and I just have to say that Scarlett is absolutely adorable. I am learning how quickly time flies by w/ our babies and how precious every second is. You have an amazing little girl; Happy 9 months Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! I am so glad you contacted me! It is great to hear from you! Scarlet is beautiful and at such a fun age! I loved the 9 month age! I remember how exciting it was when Reese started clapping and waving..then blowing kisses and now she talks! oh they become little people so fast...but here I go again,ha! =)
    Keep in touch,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete