Dec 2, 2008

Scarlett's First Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving this year with my family, and Scarlett had a great time with Genga & Pa (my mom and dad) the day before. We even took her to Zio's, one of my favorite restaurants that I'm sadly deprived of in Texas. Thanksgiving day we were all at GG and G-Pa's (my grandparents). Scarlett's first tooth appeared a few days before Thanksgiving as well! But she will hardly let me look at it, much less let me take a picture of it. Then yesterday, tooth number 2 started making an appearance as well! In a way I'm sad because this is all just another reminder that she won't be a baby forever.

I have so much to be thankful for this year that it makes my heart heavy. I am so grateful to God for giving me such a blessed life. I am truly humbled by all He has given me. I am thankful to the point of tears that I am able to stay home with my baby girl each and every day. I know the time we are spending together is so important, and I couldn't imagine it being any other way. I am thankful that Scarlett has a daddy who loves her to pieces and doesn't even complain when he has to take over the night-time duties on the evenings I work after working all day himself. I am truly thankful for the life I've been given and the people who surround me.

"But I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6

Thanksgiving 2008

Genga & Pa let Scarlett open an early Christmas present, the Elmo Chair!


The Legos were a big hit too!


Havin' fun at GG's

Auntie and Sweet Baby Lily
Mommy & Daddy

"Aunt" Sarah who will be having baby Jaxon very soon!




3 comments:

  1. I love that Santa pic! Where did yall get those done or did you do them yourself? She is so cute and getting so big. I get so sad about Casey growing up too! Makes me want to have another one. Give me a call sometime and maybe we can get together before they turn one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete