Feb 4, 2011

Fun in the Snow

An ice storm hit here four days ago, and Chris's school was closed for four days. This is unheard of for the Dallas area!

Then last night we had a surprise snow storm come through, and we got about four inches of snow at our house on top of all that ice. We were excited about the snow because we were already home bound anyway, but now we could actually play out in it.

Luckily, the last time I was at my parents' house, I brought home my dad's sled from when he was kid, and the sled we played with when we were kids.  I mainly just want to have it because it's special, but it sure came in handy today!

First, Chris made us some snow ice cream and snow Dr. Peppers.  Yes, we were that bored!









Time to go sledding.  Luckily we have a really steep driveway!






And we finished it off with some hot chocolate!


1 comment: