Feb 28, 2010

29 & Holding

That's what the cookie cake says that Chris got me for my 29th birthday, and that's just how I feel.  I'm 29 today, and I'm holding on to this last year of my twenties for dear life.  There's just something about being able to say you're twenty something that makes you still sound young. I realize my thirties will probably be the best years of my life, but thirty sounds so old to me, and I'm just not ready for that.  At least I have an entire year to prepare.

Mourning aside, I had a wonderful birthday weekend.  Friday, Chris brought home the delicious cookie cake.


Saturday, he made me an appointment to get a pedicure and my nails done.  I used to get pedicures all the time, and it was wonderful to enjoy that hour all to myself.

My parents also came down on Saturday to see all the kiddos and so Chris and I could have a night out.  The weather was beautiful so we go to spend some time playing outside.


Then on to our date night!


We went to Grimaldis which has the best pizza I've had in a long time, and then we went to see Crazy Heart, which we both found to be surprisingly really good.

I got beautiful flowers from my dear sweet friend Tami.


I got a cute purse from my sister and her family.


I got lots of mail from my generous family, you know, birthday cards with the good stuff in them.  And my mom also made me a homemade chocolate cake Pioneer Woman style, yum!

We ate at Twisted Root on Sunday for lunch. And I'm sure we made it memorable for everyone eating there with this wild bunch.


Then Chris, Scarlett, and I came home and had a nice long nap which was a perfect ending to a great birthday weekend.

3 comments:

  1. 20's are over-rated! 30's are the BEST. You are so much wiser! :)
    Glad you had a Happy Birthday and Scarlett looks like such a big girl in those pics!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding on to the next 27 days of my 20's! Happy Birthday Michelle!

    ReplyDelete