Jan 31, 2010

Sweet Songs

We sing a lot of songs around here! Scarlett loves to sing and incorporating songs into our daily activities can really help things to go smoothly. Songs can be a great distraction when Scarlett doesn't want to do what I need her to do or when she's fussy.

We have a song we sing when we clean up; Scarlett hears the song and immediately sings along and knows what I want her to do. We sing during bath time, when we brush her teeth, when we wash her hands, and when when we're driving. In the car now, instead of asking for a DVD, she asks for music. She says, "Noomic!" Which of course means music. She just sits back and sings along with the CD to songs like, If You're Happy and You Know It, Shoo Fly, Old MacDonald, and all those traditional children's songs. I set up my I Pod player in her room, and she's always pointing up to it demanding, "Noomic!"

I've been trying to record her singing, but every time I try, she stops and wants the video camera. Here are two videos I did get, but I'm hoping to eventually capture better versions.




No comments:

Post a Comment