Jan 28, 2009

Into EVERYTHING

We cannot take our eyes off of Scarlett for a second these days. After a very scary broken vase incident when daddy was on duty, (yes, I'm throwing him under the bus) we're in full baby proof mode right now. We've covered plugs, replaced the coffee table, and put breakables and cleaning products out of reach. She's sneaky though and will try her hardest to get to things she wants, like the fireplace...no matter what I put in front of it, she still gets to it!

Any object is fair game for her to pull up on
which can also be quite hazardous!

She loves to open and close, open and close, open and close,(get my point!?) the cabinets. I'm going to use baby locks on most but leave some safe ones for her to play with because she loves it that much!
Anything good in here?

We can be sure she will go for anything that's not an actual toy: remotes, cordless phones, cords of all kinds, important paperwork, full coffee cups, kitty fur...the list goes on...

Daddy's work badge looks fun, I've also got the calculator too!

Food is more fun than ever now too! (for her at least) Here she is after a dinner of baby spaghetti, peas and prunes.

Ahhh....finally playing with something that's allowed.
Safe and sound at last.

7 comments:

  1. I feel like everything in this post could be about Dawson too! ;) He crawled under his jumperoo yesterday and like Scarlett, he loves to try to get to the fireplace. We replaced our coffee table as well! They are so interested in discovering everything! It cracks me up, and wears me out at the same time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got me worried if this is what one can do...I'm in trouble!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear that looks like a naked Chris standing there! Not that I know what Chris looks like naked--but you know what I mean!! :) HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we're right there with ya with our little man. Just think--last year at this time we were both huge pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to a whole new stage of parenting! And the list of things they can get into only gets bigger from here with standing, walking, then they grow ridiculously tall and start getting things I never imagined she could reach yet! With baby #2, I'm going to be so appreciative of the immobility!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the one of her getting into the pamper box....that little body makes me smile.....oh so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute! I can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete